Selection of Scholarly Articles
- Ferdinand F. Wirth, John L. Stanton and James B. Wiley. 2010. The Relative Importance of Physical versus Credence Product Attributes: Organic and Locally Grown. Agricultural and Resource Economics Review. (Submitted)
- Stanton, John and Martin S. Meloche. “Comparison of Distilled Spirit Consumption Patterns in the United Kingdom and the United States: A Syndicated Data Approach” in Worldwide Hospitality and Tourism Themes. Vol II #3 2009
- Herbst, K. C., Stanton, J. L., Amodeo, C. M., and Costello, A. T. The interplay of trust, shopping frequency, and service as predictors of private label purchase. 2007 Vol 1, World Journal of Retail Business Management
- Changes in family dynamics predict purchase and consumption British Food Journal, Herbst, K. C., and Stanton, J. L. Vol 109 issue 8 2007 pp648-655.
- Herbst, K. C., Stanton, J. L., and Armstrong, G. A. (2006). Don’t be fooled: Profits result from being innovative and meeting consumers’ need for convenience. Innovative Marketing, 2, 23-28.
Selection of Industry Conferences
- "The Role of Hedonistic and Emotional Response in Food Shopping," conference proceedings of the 17th Recent Advances in Retailing and Services Sciences Conference, Istanbul, Turkey, July 2-5. Lang, M., Stanton, J., Lancioni, R., Herbst, K. (2010)
- Locavores: To Target or Not to Target ANZMAC 2010 Conference, Christchurch, New Zealand, November 20110
- Consumer Value for Organic versus Locally Grown, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association June 13-16 conference
- Predicting Private label growth in nations, 8th Circle, Dubrovnik, March 2011
Recent Industry Talks / Speeches
- Dairy Lea Inc,. Trends in the Dairy Industry, Syracuse, NY Aug 2010
- Delhaize, Retail Trends, Charlotte North Carolina, July 2010
- Roche Brothers, Category Management and buying skills, Boston, MA, June 2010
Selection of Published Books
- Winning Marketing Strategy: the Rules Raphel Publishing, 2009
- Precision Target Marketing, Raphel Publishing, 2009
- Making Niche Marketing Work. McGraw-Hill, New York, (1991). Co-authored. Also published in Thai, Korean, and Hebrew (Triwaks Enterprises/Matat Publishing House, Tel Aviv)
- MORE Stanton on Food Marketing, Fidler Doubleday, 2004.
- Running a Supermarket Consumer Focus Groups, SLC Publishing, New Jersey, 2002